Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kohls - Friend and Nemesis

I love stickers. When junk mail comes with a sticker you can remove - I remove it even if I have no clue what the ad is for. However, sometimes I know what it is for and that's when it becomes a dangerous sticker.

When you have a Kohls' credit card, every month or so, Kohls sends out a little ad with a sticker that you can remove to reveal your "discount" for the new sale period. You get to choose 1 day to use your discount and it is either 15, 20, or 30%. And here's the best part - your discount is off of THE SALE PRICE. Yup, that's right - so this jacket is regularly $76, on sale for $38. When you take 30% off that makes it $26.60! Who can resist?


Let me tell you, the 30% doesn't roll around very often - maybe once or twice a year at most! When you get a 30... the lure to shop is tremendous.

I got a 30% and this is the weekend included on the "applicable dates" and they are having a huge sale!!! I'm going to dinner to night at my friend's house who lives 1 block from Kohls. I want to shop. But seriously, I need nothing. But it seems like such a waste to throw away the 30 unused! Do you see my dilemma?


PLUS as an extra "lure" through today, when you spend $50 you get a $10 gift certificate to use next week! So if i spent $100 now, I'd have $20 free dollars - almost like yet ANOTHER 20% off!!!

Other people push the shopping too - my mom, my friend Anne, my sister-in-law, even my brother... all embrace the power of the 30%. My mom calls me when she gets one to ask if I need anything because she's got the magic 30.

What to do, what to do....

Maybe some shopping will clear my head?

No comments:

Post a Comment