Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rainy Days and Sundays...


Before I begin, I'd like to give a little shout-out to my neighbor who is reving his motorcycle engine over and over loudly outside my window at 1145pm on a Tuesday. Hi-de-ho neighbor!

Here, in the calm between crazy rain storm #2 and #3 this week, I'd like to say that in general... I love the rain. I like how it sounds on the roof at night. I like that I get to wear a coat and gloves. I like the way everything smells clean afterwards. I like how I have an excuse to drink hot chocolate. I like that everything seems peaceful. I like that it means that we're protected from fires. I like how it looks out the window through the trees. I like that I have a reason to light a fire in my fireplace. I love the rain and we rarely get it.

However, this is some serious crazy-town going on, and it is only day number 2!
My power at home has gone out two nights in a row.
The power at work went out Monday.
The San Diego River flooded.
The parking lot at work flooded Monday and a few cars had to be towed out.
A tree fell on two cars at work today in the other parking lot.
There was a tornado warning today for San Diego. If you're not from SD, this is like an earthquake warning in Kansas - it just doesn't happen.

So what's going on? Is this some sort of sign? Is the end coming? And then... I figured it out...

It is all of the tears collected from all of the fans who had their hopes and dreams crushed yet again when the Chargers blew the playoff game on Sunday. Bye Bye Superbowl Dreams and Hello RAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment